1. Why do we need human pilots again?
By John Markoff in the New York Times
2. We thought education would unlock the potential of Arab women. We were half right.
By Maysa Jalbout at the Brookings Institution
3. Peru found a 1,000 year-old solution to its water crisis.
By Fred Pearce in New Scientist
4. Why Saudi Arabia might need to break the country in two to “win” its war in Yemen.
By Peter Salisbury in Vice
5. Startup accelerators are great…we think.
By Randall Kempner and Peter Roberts in the Wall Street Journal
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk