Correction appended, April 14
What’s the point of having a concert next to a lake if you can’t jump in the water, right? At least that’s what Kanye West appeared to be thinking when he gave an impromptu free concert at the famous Swan Lake in Armenia’s capital, Yerevan, on Sunday — and leaped in.
Hundreds of fans dived in after him, MTV reported, prompting Armenian police to put a stop to the performance
West is in Armenia with his wife Kim Kardashian, whose late father was the son of Armenian immigrants.
According to Kardashian’s posts on Twitter, Kanye woke her up to announce his free concert, kicking off a “crazy” final night in the East European country.
She also provided a blow-by-blow account of the sequence of events leading up to Kanye’s plunge into Swan Lake while performing his classic hit “Good Life.”
Correction: The original version of this story misstated the birthplace of Kim Kardashian’s father. He was born in the United States.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022