Correction appended, April 14
What’s the point of having a concert next to a lake if you can’t jump in the water, right? At least that’s what Kanye West appeared to be thinking when he gave an impromptu free concert at the famous Swan Lake in Armenia’s capital, Yerevan, on Sunday — and leaped in.
Hundreds of fans dived in after him, MTV reported, prompting Armenian police to put a stop to the performance
West is in Armenia with his wife Kim Kardashian, whose late father was the son of Armenian immigrants.
According to Kardashian’s posts on Twitter, Kanye woke her up to announce his free concert, kicking off a “crazy” final night in the East European country.
She also provided a blow-by-blow account of the sequence of events leading up to Kanye’s plunge into Swan Lake while performing his classic hit “Good Life.”
Correction: The original version of this story misstated the birthplace of Kim Kardashian’s father. He was born in the United States.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization