Correction appended, April 14
What’s the point of having a concert next to a lake if you can’t jump in the water, right? At least that’s what Kanye West appeared to be thinking when he gave an impromptu free concert at the famous Swan Lake in Armenia’s capital, Yerevan, on Sunday — and leaped in.
Hundreds of fans dived in after him, MTV reported, prompting Armenian police to put a stop to the performance
West is in Armenia with his wife Kim Kardashian, whose late father was the son of Armenian immigrants.
According to Kardashian’s posts on Twitter, Kanye woke her up to announce his free concert, kicking off a “crazy” final night in the East European country.
She also provided a blow-by-blow account of the sequence of events leading up to Kanye’s plunge into Swan Lake while performing his classic hit “Good Life.”
Correction: The original version of this story misstated the birthplace of Kim Kardashian’s father. He was born in the United States.
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement