The first trailer for the Scream TV series made its debut during Sunday night’s MTV Movie Awards.
And just like the classic ’90s horror franchise, MTV’s television adaptation looks to be just as creepy and gore-filled.
When a cyber-bullying incident results in murder, the brutality stirs up memories of the town’s violent past, especially for a group of teens who find themselves the target of a suspected copycat killer.
Actress Bella Thorne introduces the trailer in a scene that’s a nod to the opening sequence of the original Scream movie.
Jason Wiles (Third Watch) will replace Joel Gretsch (The 4400) as Sheriff Clark Hudson, a role made famous in the films by David Arquette, writes the Hollywood Reporter.
Also starring are Bex Taylor-Klaus, Willa Fitzgerald, Carlson Young, John Karna, Connor Weil and Amadeus Serafini.
Jamie Travis (Faking It) directed the pilot for the series, which will premiere June 30.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma