A Milwaukee man was shot to death Sunday evening after he hit and killed a 2-year-old child who had run into the street.
In a statement, Police Captain Timothy Heier said a 15-year-old was also injured in the shooting, which occurred at 5:10 p.m., according to the Associated Press.
The driver, 41, was at the scene of the accident when the shooting occurred. The man was pronounced dead at the scene and the 15-year-old was taken to the hospital to treat injuries.
It is unclear if the teenager was a passenger in the car.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve