An Argentine judge issued an arrest order for Justin Bieber after he failed to answer questions regarding an alleged assault that occurred back in 2013, according to Reuters. Diego Pesoa, a local photographer, accused Bieber and one of his bodyguards of “lashing out” at him while he tried to snap a picture of the now 21-year-old as he left a club.
According to Reuters, the Farandula Show website posted the court ruling which was later authenticated by court secretary Soledad Nieto. Another judge requested Bieber’s appearance for questioning regarding the incident back in November, even seeking the assistance of the Argentine Interpol branch.
This isn’t the first time the young pop star has faced legal issues. In 2014, Bieber was arrested for drag racing and driving under the influence while in Miami. He was also in an altercation in Ontario that year involving dangerous driving and an alleged assault.
Bieber’s rep did not immediately respond to EW’s request for comment.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve