An Argentine judge issued an arrest order for Justin Bieber after he failed to answer questions regarding an alleged assault that occurred back in 2013, according to Reuters. Diego Pesoa, a local photographer, accused Bieber and one of his bodyguards of “lashing out” at him while he tried to snap a picture of the now 21-year-old as he left a club.
According to Reuters, the Farandula Show website posted the court ruling which was later authenticated by court secretary Soledad Nieto. Another judge requested Bieber’s appearance for questioning regarding the incident back in November, even seeking the assistance of the Argentine Interpol branch.
This isn’t the first time the young pop star has faced legal issues. In 2014, Bieber was arrested for drag racing and driving under the influence while in Miami. He was also in an altercation in Ontario that year involving dangerous driving and an alleged assault.
Bieber’s rep did not immediately respond to EW’s request for comment.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving