An Ohio teenager stole $25,000 from his 83-year-old grandfather and then handed out thousands of dollars to his middle school classmates in $100 bills.
The 13-year-old took the money during spring break, prompting the local police department to investigate, according to the Medina County Gazette, an Ohio newspaper.
“I’ve never heard of a situation like this in the 17 or so years I’ve been a police officer,” Medina Sgt. Brett McNabb told the newspaper. “It’s rather unique.”
“Several adults are under investigation for their role in this incident,” he added.
The authorities have recovered about $7,000 of the money.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption