A Kentucky couple died within minutes of each other after being married for 73 years.
Bill Wilson, 93, and Lillian Karr Wilson, 89, both Alzheimer’s patients, had been living in separate nursing homes for years when their son Doug got back-to-back calls informing him that his parents had died, Kentucky.com reports. When Doug Wilson told one nurse about the coincidence, she reportedly said, “Oh my god, that’s like The Notebook,” the popular Nicholas Sparks book and film in which an elderly couple dies simultaneously.
Bill and Lillian were high school sweethearts who married in 1941. Doug Wilson says the family sees their concurrent deaths as “a blessing.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism