Apple’s new iPhone update out this week packs a bunch of new emoji — including support for a secret Vulcan salute emoji that you have to add manually.
Here’s how to do it:
First, download and install iOS 8.3.
Next, open this Cult of Mac tweet in your iPhone’s web browser:
Then, select just the Vulcan salute emoji and hit “copy.” Next, go back to your iPhone’s home screen and pop open “Settings.” Navigate to General -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts, then tap the “+” icon. In the “Phrase” field, paste the Vulcan salute you copied from the tweet above. Then type out a shortcut that will generate the emoji in texts and other posts, like “vulcan.”
With that done, every time you type “vulcan” (or your phrase of choice), your iPhone will replace the text with the hidden Vulcan salute emoji. Pretty cool!
Read next: Samsung’s New Galaxy S6 Went On Sale Today
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate