Another fan-favorite mutant has been added to the ranks of the highly anticipated X-Men: Apocalypse. Director Bryan Singer (X-Men: Days of Future Past) confirmed to Empire that British actor Ben Hardy (EastEnders) will be playing the winged Angel in the latest installment of the Fox franchise due in May 2016 and revealed the above concept art for the character. “Ben Hardy is Angel – I shall confirm it for you,” Singer told the magazine. “But he’s not a very nice Angel! And that’s all I’ll say…” The magazine goes on to theorize that, based on the costume, Hardy might actually be playing Archangel, one of the henchman of Apocalypse, to be played in the film by A Most Violent Year’s Oscar Issac.
Hardy joins a cast that includes Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), Michael Fassbender (Magneto), James McAvoy (Charles Xavier), Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Rose Byrne (Moira McTaggert), Sophie Turner (Jean Grey), Alexandra Shipp (Storm), Kodi Smit-McPhee (Nightcrawler), Tye Sheridan (Cyclops), and Lana Condor (Jubillee).
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up