Another fan-favorite mutant has been added to the ranks of the highly anticipated X-Men: Apocalypse. Director Bryan Singer (X-Men: Days of Future Past) confirmed to Empire that British actor Ben Hardy (EastEnders) will be playing the winged Angel in the latest installment of the Fox franchise due in May 2016 and revealed the above concept art for the character. “Ben Hardy is Angel – I shall confirm it for you,” Singer told the magazine. “But he’s not a very nice Angel! And that’s all I’ll say…” The magazine goes on to theorize that, based on the costume, Hardy might actually be playing Archangel, one of the henchman of Apocalypse, to be played in the film by A Most Violent Year’s Oscar Issac.
Hardy joins a cast that includes Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), Michael Fassbender (Magneto), James McAvoy (Charles Xavier), Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Rose Byrne (Moira McTaggert), Sophie Turner (Jean Grey), Alexandra Shipp (Storm), Kodi Smit-McPhee (Nightcrawler), Tye Sheridan (Cyclops), and Lana Condor (Jubillee).
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future