One of the best bits that Jimmy Fallon and The Roots regularly engage in is taking mega-hits and playing them on classroom instruments. They’ve done it with Meghan Trainor’s “All About That Bass”, performed “Let it Go” with Idina Menzel and made One Direction (back when Zayn Malik was still in the band, of course) sing along to “Santa Claus is Coming To Town.”
Last night they outdid themselves, though, conscripting none other than Madonna to perform one of her classic hits on classroom instruments. The OG Material Girl sat front and center, singing along and manning the whistle, while helping the Roots and Fallon transformed her poppy song into an even sunnier tune. Give yourself a little holiday at work by checking out their performance, because it’s downright fun and less frightening than her new “Ghosttown” video.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart