It wasn’t long after director David Ayer shared a cast photo on Wednesday from a read-through of the upcoming Suicide Squad on Twitter that fans began wondering where Jared Leto was. The actor landed the role as The Joker in the supervillain ensemble film, but wasn’t found in the shot of the cast. Fans began speculating why Leto wasn’t in the shot using the hashtag #whereisJared.
Ayer answered fans’ queries in the best way possible: with another teasing shot, this time a blurry picture of a green-haired Leto as the Joker, holding a camera.
Leto will join Will Smith, Viola Davis, Margot Robbie, Cara Delevingne, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Jay Hernandez, Jai Courtney and Joel Kinnaman in the DC Comics adaptation, slated to hit theaters in summer 2016.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve