We’re getting ready for summer a little early around here with the discovery of what might be the new warm-weather it snack: the Funnel Cake Ice Cream Sandwich. It comes to us courtesy of John Park and his new shaved icery, Ice Que, in Alhambra, California. Park puts vanilla-mascarpone ice cream topped with strawberry jam between two funnel cake patties for a result that eager Yelpers already suggest is worth a trip to the LA suburbs.
Parks sells the funnel cakewiches for $6.50 every Thursday from 5 to 8 p.m. If demand takes off (and honestly, how could it not), they’ll become available more regularly.
We fully expect that by June, half the ice cream shops in the country will be trying to duplicate this, so stop by and get the original. If we’ve learned anything from the countless Cronut imitators, it’s that the knockoffs never beat the real thing.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out