The “I’m With Stupid” shirt is a classic gag. But apparently it can still fool some people, even presidents.
That’s what happened to Ecuador’s President Rafael Correa when he posed for a picture recently with a young boy wearing the shirt—with the arrow pointing directly at Correa.
The hashtag #IAmWithStupidMashi sprang up in the aftermath (Mashi is Correa’s nickname). And yes, Correa speaks fluent English. He has a doctorate in economics from the University of Illinois, NPR reports.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow