For the first time since her film debut in 2010’s camp-tastic Burlesque, Christina Aguilera is getting back in the acting saddle with a recurring role on Nashville. Aguilera tweeted out a sneak peak of her debut episode, which will air April 15, and it’s got everything: Xtina’s killer runs, Xtina with Katy-Perry-meets-Jem-and-the-Holograms hair and make-up and Xtina doling out major ‘tude to a man who’s clearly wronged her.
Aguilera will play Jade St. John, a pop starlet whose label keeps extinguishing her dream of recording a country album. Speaking of which, a real-life country album by Aguilera isn’t the worst idea that’s ever spawned from a fictional TV storyline. She’s already ventured into country-pop territory with fellow The Voice coach Blake Shelton, but a full-on country revamp may be just the right career move for the real-life Jade St. John.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List