Fiction writers are 10 times more likely to be bipolar. In poets it’s 40 times more likely.
Via The Storytelling Animal: How Stories Make Us Human:
Why bipolar? Research shows the highs help produce new ideas:
What about the lows? Obsessively thinking about things is connected to depression but it’s also correlated with creativity:
This rumination/perseverance connection is a double edged sword for creative people:
ADHD is connected with creativity as well:
Should we be afraid of creative people? Are they crazy psychopaths?
Quite the opposite. Psychopaths are actually more prevalent in corporate America:
Join over 180,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
New Harvard Research Reveals A Fun Way To Be More Successful
The 8 Things The Happiest People Do Every Day
How To Stop Being Lazy And Get More Done – 5 Expert Tips
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism