You Know Nothing
For years, Game of Thrones viewers who haven’t read George R.R. Martin’s Song of Ice and Fire novels, which inspired the HBO series, have had to carefully avoid having the plot spoiled by friends who read the books. Not anymore. The hit fantasy show’s creators, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, say the plot of the fifth season, which premieres April 12 at 9 p.m. on HBO, will diverge from Martin’s best-selling novels, beginning with Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage) and spymaster Varys (Conleth Hill) journeying to meet Daenerys Targaryen, the Mother of Dragons (Emilia Clarke).
After joining other A-list artists like Kanye West and Madonna to help Jay Z launch his new streaming service, Tidal, Jack White is headed to the Coachella Valley Music Festival. The legendary guitarist, who played Coachella in 2003 as half of the White Stripes, will headline the fest on Saturday, April 11.
In Voices in the Night, which hits shelves April 14, Pulitzer Prize winner Steven Millhauser imbues classic fables with a hyperrealistic sensibility in this collection of 16 short stories. In Millhauser’s capable hands, figures like Rapunzel, Buddha and Paul Bunyan assume new and dazzling nuances.
After a seven-season run on Parks and Recreation, Aubrey Plaza doesn’t know what the future holds–but she prefers it that way. “I’m really excited about having my entire year open,” Plaza says. If her prolific film roles are any clue–she’s been in five movies since August, and her latest, Ned Rifle, is out now–expect to see a lot more of her. “I really like working,” she says. “There’s no reason for me not to go crazy right now.”
‘SEVENTY-YEAR-OLD KNEES AIN’T PRETTY.’
UNFRIENDED HAUNTS THEATERS
This appears in the April 20, 2015 issue of TIME.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve