• Disney plans to make a live-action version of Winnie the Pooh.
• UKTV commissioned a life-size statue of Benedict Cumberbatch made entirely of Belgian chocolate. Its name: Benedict Chocobatch.
• Netflix is reportedly flirting with the idea of rebooting ABC’s Full House for a 13-episode season.
• Burger King announced that it will pay for the wedding of Illinois couple Joel Burger and Ashley King. The nuptials are set for July 17; presumably, guests will have a whopper of a time.
EAST MEETS DRESS
This Roberto Cavalli gown is one of the many garments on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s new exhibition “China: Through the Looking Glass.” The show, opening May 7, contrasts global couture with classic Chinese art and will provide the theme for this year’s Met Gala fundraiser.
Value of the Hyundai Sonata that The Price Is Right gave away when model Manuela Arbelaez accidentally revealed the correct price before a contestant guessed it
‘I know you’re young, but selfies are bad. Just take a normal photograph!’
PRINCE HARRY, playfully admonishing a fan who asked him to pose with her for a selfie while he was greeting crowds at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra
The 29-year-old Canadian actor plays half a dozen clones–sometimes onscreen at the same time–on BBC America’s sci-fi hit Orphan Black, whose third season premieres April 18.
All the Orphan Black clones have wildly different personalities. How do you switch your mind-set while acting?
Changing tension in my body, changing rhythms internally with music or animals–anything that will inspire me to carry my body differently.
I walk dogs in my spare time! No, it’s more like using behavior of animals to inform a character. When I first started playing Alison [an uptight soccer-mom clone], it was the idea of a bird: how a bird moves, how a bird might hold their body up.
Has playing a clone changed what you think of actual human cloning?
It’s more interesting for me to ask questions than to have any definitive stance on it. Ownership of a body or autonomy over who you are and your choices in life–I’m more engaged with that debate.
Orphan Black is notorious for crazy plot twists: secret clones, government conspiracies, the works. How do you keep track?
I just try to play in the moment as much as I can.
You could always tweet fans for help.
Yeah! “Guys, what the hell happened in the last episode? Can somebody explain it to me please?”
There was a fair amount of controversy when you weren’t nominated for an Emmy last year. What did you make of that?
Awards stuff is overrated. It’s more exciting to have a rabid fan base than to be lauded at an event where everyone’s wearing ball gowns. That’s not the viewership you’re telling stories to.
“ON MY RADAR
• Broad City “[Guest-starring] would be so awesome. I’m just happy it exists. I love that show.”
• R&B music “I need to feel powerful when I play [Rachel, an icy villain clone]. Anything that makes me feel cool and not awkward.”
Following the success of his books Underwater Dogs and Underwater Puppies, California-based photographer Seth Casteel turned his lens on the world’s youngest human swimmers (all participating in water-safety classes). But while Underwater Babies may look cute, Casteel has said he hopes it will also bring attention to the availability and benefits of infant-swimming programs.
Billboard’s Biggest Hits
Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars’ “Uptown Funk,” which recently topped the Hot 100 for a 13th consecutive week, is on the cusp of breaking the record for most time ever spent at the summit. Which tunes are in its way?
“I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU”
BOYZ II MEN
“I’LL MAKE LOVE TO YOU”
LOS DEL RIO
“CANDLE IN THE WIND 1997”
“WE BELONG TOGETHER”
THE BLACK EYED PEAS
“I GOTTA FEELING”
MARIAH CAREY AND BOYZ II MEN
“ONE SWEET DAY”
• Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig scrapped their Lifetime parody thriller A Deadly Adoption after news of the project leaked online.
• Kim Kardashian made the black-blue-white-gold Dress That Broke the Internet part of her mobile game.
• Creator David Lynch pulled out of Showtime’s planned Twin Peaks reboot because “not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done.”
• Madame Tussauds London appointed a “tissue attendant” for fans mourning Zayn Malik’s departure from One Direction (via his wax statue).
FOR TIME’S COMPLETE TV, FILM AND MUSIC COVERAGE, VISIT time.com/entertainment
This appears in the April 20, 2015 issue of TIME.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow