And it’s the current James Bond!
Elba, 42, addressed the ongoing speculation Tuesday at an event at London’s British Film Institute, saying talks with Bond producers have “never happened” and tracing the rumors to a fellow English actor who knows a thing or two about the role.
He added, jokingly, “I blame Daniel.”
Elba said last year that if the role were offered to him, he’d “absolutely” take it. Unfortunately, he’s starting to think the endless speculation has overhyped the idea.
“Honestly, it’s a rumor that’s really starting to eat itself,” he said. “If there was ever any chance of me getting Bond, it’s gone.”
Well, maybe that’s O.K. — he’s got plenty to keep him busy, after all. He recently started filming a new two-part special for his show Luther in London. And he’s getting even more involved in music, which he said Tuesday that he likes “more than acting.”
Tuesday’s event was the premiere of Mandela, My Dad and Me, a documentary he produced based on his 2014 album inspired by Nelson Mandela. Elba is also working on an album inspired by his Luther character.
- Effective Altruism Promises to Do Good Better. These Women Say It Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year