James said he supports the idea of players voting for awards.
“Guys are going to be able to recognize the guys they play against every night and what they do for their franchises,” James said, according to ESPN.
James has won four MVPs during his career. He earned two during his first stint with the Cleveland Cavaliers and two more while he played for the Miami Heat.
The forward’s 25.6 points, 7.3 assists and 6 rebounds a game are all his lowest averages since his rookie season, but he is third in the NBA in scoring and seventh in player efficiency rating. After a 19-20 start, James’ Cavaliers are now 50-27 and sit second in the Eastern Conference.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart