The Golden Girls could follow in the footsteps of Doctor Who and spring from the television set to the LEGO set, thanks to a suggestion by a devoted fan. The Golden Girls set was designed by fan Sam Hatmaker (lostsleep) via the toy’s popular LEGO Ideas crowdsourcing community and includes everything you need to relive the magic of the beloved ’80s TV show.
As designed, the set includes the living room of Blanche’s Miami house and mini-figs of all four Golden Girls — Blanche, Rose, Dorothy and Sophia — as well as Stanley (just pretend Sophia calls him a “yutz” every time you play with him). More necessary than Stanley is the inclusion of a mini plastic cheesecake that’s perfect for eating in the full kitchen set while imagining new stories of St. Olaf.
The project currently has 3,204 supporters, but for LEGO to take this from incredible idea to production, over 7,000 more people will need to sign on to show their support. As an added incentive, the designer has promised to add the infamous Lanai to the set if the project reaches 5000 votes. Luckily, there are 343 days left to reach the goal.
LEGO did not respond to a request for comment at the time of publication.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.