TIME assigned contract photographer Christopher Morris to document the Papal Conclave earlier this week. In addition to his work as a photojournalist, Morris also directed and produced a short film, ‘Conclave’, about the anticipation of the crowds congregating in St. Peter’s Square for the announcement of the new Pope.
Morris has more recently expanded his photographic vision into the film world. In the past few years, he has created films both political in nature (on Presidents Obama and Bush) as well as for fashion clients such as Dior and Valentino.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears