You’ve probably seen pizza burgers on a menu, but pizza fries?
Carl’s Jr. is testing “Pepperoni Pizza Fries,” fries topped with mozzarella cheese, parmesan marinara sauce and pepperoni slices, at select locations in Southern California.
But the $2.39 item is more than just a stoner’s dream. It’s also an attempt by the burger restaurant chain to appeal to male millennials, or “Young, Hungry Guys,” as a statement to TIME refers to them. (Think the demographic that drools over “Epic Meal Time” videos.)
Carl’s Jr. says the pepperoni pizza fries are piling onto the trend of “loaded fries.” Varieties that the chain has previously offered include gravy, chili cheese, bacon cheddar, and bacon ranch.”
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022