You’ve probably seen pizza burgers on a menu, but pizza fries?
Carl’s Jr. is testing “Pepperoni Pizza Fries,” fries topped with mozzarella cheese, parmesan marinara sauce and pepperoni slices, at select locations in Southern California.
But the $2.39 item is more than just a stoner’s dream. It’s also an attempt by the burger restaurant chain to appeal to male millennials, or “Young, Hungry Guys,” as a statement to TIME refers to them. (Think the demographic that drools over “Epic Meal Time” videos.)
Carl’s Jr. says the pepperoni pizza fries are piling onto the trend of “loaded fries.” Varieties that the chain has previously offered include gravy, chili cheese, bacon cheddar, and bacon ranch.”
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up