You’ve probably seen pizza burgers on a menu, but pizza fries?
Carl’s Jr. is testing “Pepperoni Pizza Fries,” fries topped with mozzarella cheese, parmesan marinara sauce and pepperoni slices, at select locations in Southern California.
But the $2.39 item is more than just a stoner’s dream. It’s also an attempt by the burger restaurant chain to appeal to male millennials, or “Young, Hungry Guys,” as a statement to TIME refers to them. (Think the demographic that drools over “Epic Meal Time” videos.)
Carl’s Jr. says the pepperoni pizza fries are piling onto the trend of “loaded fries.” Varieties that the chain has previously offered include gravy, chili cheese, bacon cheddar, and bacon ranch.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction