You’ve probably seen pizza burgers on a menu, but pizza fries?
Carl’s Jr. is testing “Pepperoni Pizza Fries,” fries topped with mozzarella cheese, parmesan marinara sauce and pepperoni slices, at select locations in Southern California.
But the $2.39 item is more than just a stoner’s dream. It’s also an attempt by the burger restaurant chain to appeal to male millennials, or “Young, Hungry Guys,” as a statement to TIME refers to them. (Think the demographic that drools over “Epic Meal Time” videos.)
Carl’s Jr. says the pepperoni pizza fries are piling onto the trend of “loaded fries.” Varieties that the chain has previously offered include gravy, chili cheese, bacon cheddar, and bacon ranch.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time