With the Major League Baseball season underway, the slight rise in average ticket price to $28.94 this year is no surprise.
But while average ticket prices grew by about a dollar, the average cost of beer slid down to $5.98, according to an annual roundup by Team Marketing Report published Monday. But the best news for fans is that the Fan Cost Index—the average cost of the tickets, food and parking a four-person family might buy—has fallen to $211.68 this year from $212.46 last year. In the chart below, see how the prices have changed for various items of the last several years:
The report also ranked the MLB teams by how expensive the average items are in their games. Boston Red Sox games have the highest averages in several categories, but other teams are vying for the most-expensive title in others. Meanwhile, the San Diego Padres are the cheapest in the Fan Cost Index. See how the teams’ average prices stack up in the chart below:
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time