As any commuter can tell you, riding the New York City subway is normally “a small death.” After suffering through endlessly bleak trips on the train, one DJ decided to shake things up by turning a subway fare into the hottest ticket in town.
With the help of a few strobe lights, a portable DJ set-up and even a velvet rope, YouTube user AMK Production turned a crowded subway car into a happening nightclub. While New York commuters are a blasé bunch who have seen it all, from breakdancers to pants-free riders to Helen Mirren to spa days, the moving dance party seemed to enliven the riders. As the party rolled on, riders jumped into conga lines, waved glow sticks and busted some moves.
The video of his subway party is going viral, and for good reason — it’s fun.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space