On the court, Russell Westbrook is one of the most intimidating players in the NBA, but he’s a really good guy outside the lines.
On Monday, Westbrook took the car he won with his All-Star Game MVP award and donated it to a single mother named Kerstin Gonzales.
A local charity recommended Gonzales receive the car and Westbrook was there to hand over the keys.
He’s not so scary when he takes off that mask.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve