Coming up with a best man speech that’s both funny and touching is no easy feat, but YouTuber Daniel Buccheri managed to pull it off — by delivering it in musical form.
The Melbourne-based musician surprised his brother, Adrian, and his new wife, Sarah, by singing a medley of six popular songs, all rewritten to be about the happy couple and the love Buccheri has for them. He opens (and closes) with Sam Smith’s “Stay With Me.” Other songs include “Hey, Soul Sister” by Train, “As Long As You Love Me” by the Backstreet Boys and “Ignition (Remix)” by R. Kelly.
Buccheri told Mashable he kept the speech a total surprise and managed to sneak his keyboard into the wedding venue. He said he didn’t want to give a conventional “snooze fest” of a speech.
The bride and groom definitely seemed surprised, and they struggle to keep it together as the lyrics get emotional. As far as best man speeches go, Buccheri crushed it. After seeing this, guys around the world will really need to step it up.
Read next: Watch Ed Sheeran Surprise a Couple at Their Wedding
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases