A local NBC affiliate reports that three members of the group Wormreich were killed early on Monday morning after their tour van crashed near Interstate 85, approximately 65 miles north of Atlanta. Eight other passengers remain hospitalized.
The accident occurred during the final leg of the band’s four-state tour, according to the group’s Facebook page.
Officials say the driver of the van, which was carrying 12 people including members of the band Khaotika that was touring with Wormreich, lost control of the 15-seat passenger vehicle and rolled down an embankment before slamming into a tree.
Monday night’s show with fellow heavy-metal group Kult ov Azazel was subsequently scraped.
Two of the passengers remain in critical condition.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time