Surprising everyone, and maybe each other, the face-off between Common and John Legend on Spike’s Lip Sync Battle included big hair and bigger clothes, as both performers transformed into classic stars.
Common came first, dressed as Lionel Richie to lip sync to “All Night Long (All Night)” – wearing the hair, that shirt, those pants. Not to be outdone, Legend put on a pair of pants himself with a spin as MC Hammer on his “U Can’t Touch This.” .
Naturally, the audience loved it. Co-host (and Legend’s supermodel wife) Chrissy Teigen loved it. Co-host LL Cool J said to Common, after, “What?! You had Lionel Richie breakdancing. I love it.”
Lip Sync Battle had other battles, too: the Oscar-winning duo also faced off earlier in the episode, pitting the Jackson 5’s “I Want You Back” against Juvenile’s “Slow Motion.” And Dwayne Johnson fought – and won – against Jimmy Fallon, with a one-two of “Shake It Off” and “Stayin’ Alive.”
This story originally appeared on People.com
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State