A snowboarder in Japan wanted to show off his sweet skills — so, naturally, he took a selfie stick onto the slopes. As the above video shows, though, he wasn’t quite able to pull this off.
Not paying attention, the snowboarder gets clocked squarely in the head by a moving chairlift while trying to snap the perfect selfie. The above video repeats this moment several times and even slows it down so we can truly understand what happened.
This isn’t even a lesson about why you shouldn’t use a selfie stick. It’s mostly just a helpful lesson about paying attention to your surroundings.
Read next: How the Selfie Stick Is Killing the Selfie
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List