Lip Sync Battle, the Tonight Show sketch turned Spike TV show, premiered last night and featured a thrilling throwdown between Jimmy Fallon and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
The Rock, fresh off his fantastic Saturday Night Live hosting gig, opened the show with a spirited take on Taylor Swift’s “Shake it Off.” The Furious 7 star put his massive frame to use while shaking it off to the music and in a move straight out of the WWE taunting playbook, wagging his finger in Fallon’s face.
The best part of the performance might be the realization that there is no way The Rock got this good at this song without engaging in a lot of Taylor Swift car karaoke. Of course he’s not the only celebrity caught singing along to the earworm. (Check out TIME’s list of the six best celebrity covers of “Shake It Off.”)
Round two featured Fallon tackling Madonna’s “Like A Prayer” with a full choir, while Johnson delivered a dazzling, hip-swiveling version of the Bee Gee’s “Staying Alive.”
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time