Lip Sync Battle, the Tonight Show sketch turned Spike TV show, premiered last night and featured a thrilling throwdown between Jimmy Fallon and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
The Rock, fresh off his fantastic Saturday Night Live hosting gig, opened the show with a spirited take on Taylor Swift’s “Shake it Off.” The Furious 7 star put his massive frame to use while shaking it off to the music and in a move straight out of the WWE taunting playbook, wagging his finger in Fallon’s face.
The best part of the performance might be the realization that there is no way The Rock got this good at this song without engaging in a lot of Taylor Swift car karaoke. Of course he’s not the only celebrity caught singing along to the earworm. (Check out TIME’s list of the six best celebrity covers of “Shake It Off.”)
Round two featured Fallon tackling Madonna’s “Like A Prayer” with a full choir, while Johnson delivered a dazzling, hip-swiveling version of the Bee Gee’s “Staying Alive.”
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer