Rapper Vanilla Ice accepted a community service plea deal on Thursday allowing him to avoid prosecution in the break-in and burglary of a Florida home.
The rapper, whose real name is Robert Van Winkle, agreed to 100 hours of community service and to pay more than $1,000 in restitution after appearing in West Palm Beach Circuit Court Thursday morning, according to prosecutors.
Van Winkle, 47, was arrested and charged with grand theft and burglary on Feb. 18 after furniture, a pool heater, bicycles and other items disappeared from a foreclosed South Florida home between last December and the time of…
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow