To celebrate the fifth anniversary of the White House web series West Wing Week, President Barack Obama treated viewers to an impersonation of Frank Underwood, the conniving President on the hit Netflix show House of Cards played by actor Kevin Spacey.
In the 12-second impression, he starts to attempt the character’s southern accent, but then reverts to his normal speaking voice.
In an interview last year, he admitted he watches House of Cards, but said, “I have to tell you, life in Washington is a little more boring than displayed on the screen. The truth of the matter is, if you followed me, most of my day is sitting in a room listening to a bunch of folks in gray suits talking about a whole bunch of stuff that wouldn’t make very good television.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization