To celebrate the fifth anniversary of the White House web series West Wing Week, President Barack Obama treated viewers to an impersonation of Frank Underwood, the conniving President on the hit Netflix show House of Cards played by actor Kevin Spacey.
In the 12-second impression, he starts to attempt the character’s southern accent, but then reverts to his normal speaking voice.
In an interview last year, he admitted he watches House of Cards, but said, “I have to tell you, life in Washington is a little more boring than displayed on the screen. The truth of the matter is, if you followed me, most of my day is sitting in a room listening to a bunch of folks in gray suits talking about a whole bunch of stuff that wouldn’t make very good television.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow