Waze has added a new feature to its real-time traffic mapping app that answers a timeless question for commuters: “Will this traffic jam ever end?”
It will, and Waze can estimate just how long it will take to break free by tracking real-time GPS data from its community of drivers. The latest update to Waze’s iOS and Android versions now includes a “Time in Traffic” bar that displays how far your car has progressed through the jam and counts down the minutes to freedom.
It’s a handy tweak for those moments when the app can’t find a detour around the nastiest snarls.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State