Benedict Cumberbatch’s intense fans have another reason to drool over the famed actor.
In a bizarre stunt to promote its new Drama channel, UKTV commissioned a 6-foot, 88-pound Benedict Cumberbatch doppelgänger made entirely out of Belgian chocolate. And his name is Benedict Chocobatch.
“The striking thing about Benedict is that he’s got quite a thin face but he’s got a large head,” Tim Simpson, one of Chocobatch’s eight sculptors, said in a video about the building process. “So trying to get that look right is quite tricky.”
The hollow candy statue took 250 man hours to make.
Cumberbatch was chosen for the sweet stunt after he beat out actors like David Tennant, Idris Elba, Sean Bean and Damian Lewis in a poll that sought to name “Britain’s dishiest TV drama actor.”
Says Drama general manager Adrian Wills, “Hopefully he’ll make it through Easter weekend in one piece.”
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism