Benedict Cumberbatch’s intense fans have another reason to drool over the famed actor.
In a bizarre stunt to promote its new Drama channel, UKTV commissioned a 6-foot, 88-pound Benedict Cumberbatch doppelgänger made entirely out of Belgian chocolate. And his name is Benedict Chocobatch.
“The striking thing about Benedict is that he’s got quite a thin face but he’s got a large head,” Tim Simpson, one of Chocobatch’s eight sculptors, said in a video about the building process. “So trying to get that look right is quite tricky.”
The hollow candy statue took 250 man hours to make.
Cumberbatch was chosen for the sweet stunt after he beat out actors like David Tennant, Idris Elba, Sean Bean and Damian Lewis in a poll that sought to name “Britain’s dishiest TV drama actor.”
Says Drama general manager Adrian Wills, “Hopefully he’ll make it through Easter weekend in one piece.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization