What starts as an innocent-seeming gift left on a front porch spirals into massive tension and deceit in the new thriller The Gift.
Jason Bateman and Rebecca Hall star as a couple that move to a new town where a man from the husband’s past (played by Joel Edgerton) tries to befriend them. When he’s rebuffed, he threatens the couple with a secret that could ruin their lives.
Edgerton also wrote and directed the movie, which is due to hit theaters July 31.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This