What starts as an innocent-seeming gift left on a front porch spirals into massive tension and deceit in the new thriller The Gift.
Jason Bateman and Rebecca Hall star as a couple that move to a new town where a man from the husband’s past (played by Joel Edgerton) tries to befriend them. When he’s rebuffed, he threatens the couple with a secret that could ruin their lives.
Edgerton also wrote and directed the movie, which is due to hit theaters July 31.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time