What starts as an innocent-seeming gift left on a front porch spirals into massive tension and deceit in the new thriller The Gift.
Jason Bateman and Rebecca Hall star as a couple that move to a new town where a man from the husband’s past (played by Joel Edgerton) tries to befriend them. When he’s rebuffed, he threatens the couple with a secret that could ruin their lives.
Edgerton also wrote and directed the movie, which is due to hit theaters July 31.
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future