Hosts at the New Zealand radio show ZM Breakfast pranked two of their colleagues by telling them to rush into work to fill in for co-workers who had fallen ill.
The victims, who go by Jase and PJ, thought they were broadcasting to the entire country from 7-8 a.m., but actually, they were just sounding off to the officemates who were supposed to be out sick. They did not know what to talk about so they asked people to call in and tell them how much money they earn, among other outrageous topics.
Now, the entire country—and world—can watch the humiliating moment on YouTube.
Read next: The Best April Fools’ Pranks of 2015
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating