Upset that Zayn Malik is leaving One Direction? Don’t worry, Madame Tussauds in London has your back. The tourist site has appointed a “tissue attendant” to help comfort saddened guests visiting the wax sculptures of members of the boy band.
“We will absolutely not be removing Zayn from our One Direction lineup,” said Madame Tussauds marketing manager Matt Clarkson in a statement. “We will continue to play their music non-stop in their dedicated setting, and the Tissue Attendant will be on hand when needed.”
The role of tissue attendant will be filled by 18-year-old Grace Cadden, Madame Tussauds said in a press release. The company had 150 boxes of tissues delivered over the weekend to ensure that Cadden can do her job effectively.
“‘Directioners’ that have visited since the news broke have enjoyed seeing all of the boys together and singing along with their songs,” said Cadden in a statement. She noted that many have been “teary eyed,” but added, “we’re prepared.”
This isn’t the first time Madame Tussauds has needed a tissue attendant. The company also has someone on hand when the One Direction figures were first installed, according to Buzzfeed.
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This