Upset that Zayn Malik is leaving One Direction? Don’t worry, Madame Tussauds in London has your back. The tourist site has appointed a “tissue attendant” to help comfort saddened guests visiting the wax sculptures of members of the boy band.
“We will absolutely not be removing Zayn from our One Direction lineup,” said Madame Tussauds marketing manager Matt Clarkson in a statement. “We will continue to play their music non-stop in their dedicated setting, and the Tissue Attendant will be on hand when needed.”
The role of tissue attendant will be filled by 18-year-old Grace Cadden, Madame Tussauds said in a press release. The company had 150 boxes of tissues delivered over the weekend to ensure that Cadden can do her job effectively.
“‘Directioners’ that have visited since the news broke have enjoyed seeing all of the boys together and singing along with their songs,” said Cadden in a statement. She noted that many have been “teary eyed,” but added, “we’re prepared.”
This isn’t the first time Madame Tussauds has needed a tissue attendant. The company also has someone on hand when the One Direction figures were first installed, according to Buzzfeed.
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World