He wowed critics in Boyhood and just directed a documentary, but now Ethan Hawke is showing off another, completely different talent: impersonating Bob Dylan on The Tonight Show.
Hawke, like host Jimmy Fallon, is a father to young children. And sometimes, when your kids don’t go to sleep when they’re supposed to, you have to get a little creative—perhaps by singing classic songs in the style of the folk icon. “I’ve heard there’s scientific research that points to this,” Fallon says. “Oh, it’s proven,” Hawke answers before the two break out their guitar gravelly-voiced renditions of “Rock-a-bye Baby” and “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star.”
Watch the full clip below:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Nolan Feeney at email@example.com