Buckle your post-apocalyptic seat belts – the new trailer for Mad Max: Fury Road is a wild ride.
This two-and-half minute shot of adrenaline shows Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron on a heart-pounding race through futuristic desert wastelands – dodging rocket fire and deranged flame-throwing guitarists, as they make their escape from an evil warlord out for blood.
George Miller, who directed the original 1979 film (starring Mel Gibson), is returning for the reboot – and after 30 years, the Aussie director clearly isn’t holding anything back.
And even better, this fourth film in the Mad Max franchise seems to have an actual plot.
The bad guy warlord, named Immortan Joe (played by Hugh Keays-Byrne), unleashes an army of terrifying motorists charged with hunting down Imperator Furiosa (played by Theron) after she absconds with a handful of his young sex slaves.
Max (played by Hardy) appears to get dragged into Furiosa’s mess after he makes his own escape from Joe’s tribe of homicidal rock star wannabes.
The film debuts May 15, which gives us plenty of time to get our blood pressure checked before buying tickets.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time