Indiana’s new religious freedom law, which detractors say will allow religious business leaders to legally discriminate against the gay community, has drawn criticism from high-profile voices like Ashton Kutcher, Hillary Clinton and Apple CEO Tim Cook.
The latest celebrity to weigh in: Miley Cyrus, who shared her thoughts with TIME as part of a conversation about the future of music and youth culture for an upcoming issue of the magazine. Excerpts below:
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science