Fashion designer and photographer Karl Lagerfeld loves little black dresses and a big white cat.
In an interview with New York magazine, Lagerfeld disclosed that his chic cat, named Choupette, isn’t just pretty — she’s apparently worth millions. In fact, Lagerfeld claims that she made $3.22 million last year from just two modeling gigs.
To famous feline insiders — we know you’re out there — who scoff at the figure when compared to Grumpy Cat’s reported $100 million in commercial deals, consider this: Between the media tours and the movies and the endorsements, Grumpy Cat is scheduled within an inch of her nine lives.
Choupette, on the other hand, would never demean herself to peddle Friskies. She can bring in millions by barely raising a paw.
“She did two jobs and made 3 million euros last year,” Lagerfeld said. “One was for cars in Germany and the other was for a Japanese beauty product. I don’t allow her to do foodstuffs and things like this. She’s too sophisticated for that.”
In Lagerfeld’s rarefied world, Choupette is a queen and treated accordingly.
“She hates other animals and she hates children,” Lagerfeld said. “She stays always with me and she has two personal maids. They play with her, they have to take care of her beautiful white hair, the beauty treatments for her eyes, and they entertain her. She is the center of the world. If you saw her, you would understand.”
Sorry to add onto your grumpiness, Grumpy Cat.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023