Barker is the author of Barking Up The Wrong Tree
Research says these tips can boost your memory:
- Closing your eyes does improve recall of information. And trust your memory: double checking makes you trust your memory less and reduces how vivid your memories are.
- Bet on your ability to remember things. (This makes it fun too.)
- Pictures of car accidents! Looking at emotional photos after taking in information led to greater recall.
- Be curious. It helps you retain the things you learn. (If you read this blog, you probably have this one covered.)
- When trying to recall stuff, match the body position and emotional expression you had when you learned it.
- Say things out loud as you learn them. Yes, talking to yourself like a crazy person can improve your life.
- Still forgetful? Here are ten more tricks.
Join over 161,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.