For anyone who was under a rock all weekend, a major event took place on Sunday night. No, not the Super Bowl. We’re talking about Prince’s appearance on Fox’s New Girl.
In the series’ post-Super Bowl episode, the singing legend played himself and spent time counseling Zooey Deschanel’s Jess on her relationship with Nick (Jake Johnson), eating pancakes, performing his new song “Don’t You Wanna Fall in Love Tonight?” and just otherwise being amazing.
Prince, who is a self-proclaimed fan of the series, apparently had input into the episode beyond his song. Before Prince’s appearance, Johnson told Entertainment Weekly that the singer’s people pre-approved the set decor “so it would befit The Purple One’s aesthetic.”
Also exciting for hardcore New Girl fans: Nick and Jess finally said “I love you” to each other.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction