For anyone who was under a rock all weekend, a major event took place on Sunday night. No, not the Super Bowl. We’re talking about Prince’s appearance on Fox’s New Girl.
In the series’ post-Super Bowl episode, the singing legend played himself and spent time counseling Zooey Deschanel’s Jess on her relationship with Nick (Jake Johnson), eating pancakes, performing his new song “Don’t You Wanna Fall in Love Tonight?” and just otherwise being amazing.
Prince, who is a self-proclaimed fan of the series, apparently had input into the episode beyond his song. Before Prince’s appearance, Johnson told Entertainment Weekly that the singer’s people pre-approved the set decor “so it would befit The Purple One’s aesthetic.”
Also exciting for hardcore New Girl fans: Nick and Jess finally said “I love you” to each other.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World