For anyone who was under a rock all weekend, a major event took place on Sunday night. No, not the Super Bowl. We’re talking about Prince’s appearance on Fox’s New Girl.
In the series’ post-Super Bowl episode, the singing legend played himself and spent time counseling Zooey Deschanel’s Jess on her relationship with Nick (Jake Johnson), eating pancakes, performing his new song “Don’t You Wanna Fall in Love Tonight?” and just otherwise being amazing.
Prince, who is a self-proclaimed fan of the series, apparently had input into the episode beyond his song. Before Prince’s appearance, Johnson told Entertainment Weekly that the singer’s people pre-approved the set decor “so it would befit The Purple One’s aesthetic.”
Also exciting for hardcore New Girl fans: Nick and Jess finally said “I love you” to each other.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time