Michigan State is the only non-number one seed to make it to the Final Four this year, and the students are celebrating by…hurling bagels into the air?
Yep, hundreds of Michigan State fans gathered on the campus to celebrate the Spartans’ overtime victory against the Louisville Cardinals Sunday by tossing bagels like confetti. Some students even took the festivities to the next level by burning sweatshirts and couches. Police dispersed the crowd, making at least four arrests, according to The Detroit News.
The Michigan State University Police Department, who apparently was as confused by the bagel throwing as everyone else, issued a warning on its Twitter about the festivities:
Even the lieutenant governor tweeted about the bagel-tossing:
Though Michigan State coach Tom Izzo has reached the Final Four seven times, this one is perhaps the most incredible. The Spartans entered the tournament as a 7-seed after losing their best players from last year’s season. They’ll play Duke on Saturday.
What breakfast food will the fans throw if the team makes it to the championship game?
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement