Get ready to cash in your 401ks, sheepdogs, because you can retire now.
An ingenious Irish farmer has discovered the sheepdog of the future, and it doesn’t require kibble, a warm bed or even a pat on the head for a job well done. That’s because the sheepdog of the future isn’t a dog at all— it’s a drone.
In this video, filmed by Paul Brennan in Carlow, Ireland, the aptly named Shep the Drone flies above a flock of sheep, filming as it herds them from one field to another. It’s unclear why the drone is so good at the job (sheep pliancy induced by terror, perhaps?) but it is incredibly effective at moving the flock across fields with no training, breeding or Milk Bones required.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time