YouTube user “Jen Cardinal” uploaded an ultrasound that appears to show a fetus clapping as the doctor and the baby’s family sing “If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands.” The video has racked up more than 2.4 million views and questions about whether a fetus could really do that.
While the family claims the fetus clapped three times, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists told TODAY.com in a statement that a fetus could unknowingly make movements that look like that, and if it did clap, then it is possible that it happened once and the video was edited to look like it happened over and over again.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State