AMC has released the first promo for The Walking Dead companion series, which reveals a pretty big spoiler. A newscaster notes that everyone should get their flu shot because five different states are reporting a strange virus, which definitively confirms that Fear the Walking Dead does take place during the initial outbreak of the zombie apocalypse—though it won’t just be a prequel.
The new series—which hails from Walking Dead execs Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero and David Alpert, along with Sons of Anarchy’s Dave Erickson—takes place in Los Angeles and stars Kim Dickens, Cliff Curtis, Frank Dillane, and Alycia Debnam. Will they all survive?
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving