John Oliver says it’s time America takes a stand against April Fools’ Day.
“Anyone who is excited for April Fools’ Day is probably a sociopath, because what they’re really saying is, ‘I cannot wait to hurt the people close to me,'” Oliver said in a Web video Sunday, with his show Last Week Tonight off for the week.
So raise your hand and promise to refrain from posting any fake Facebook engagement announcements or perpetuating any celebrity death hoaxes.
Watch the full segment below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization