A father in Michigan called 911 after mistakenly eating several pot brownies his daughter had baked the night before. He said he thought he was having a stroke.
Firefighters and policemen responded to the call, at which point officials say the man’s 17-year-old daughter admitted to putting a special ingredient in the baked goods: marijuana. Police did not release the names of the father and daughter.
The 58-year-old father was taken to the hospital but has since been released and is in good health. Police took the remaining brownies to a lab for analysis. Officials said they had not yet determined whether the teenager would be charged with possession, according to the Detroit Free Press.
Though medical marijuana is legal in Michigan, those who don’t hold a medical marijuana card can be charged with a misdemeanor. Those found guilty face up to a year in jail and a $2,000 fine.
Seventeen states and the District of Columbia have decriminalized or legalized marijuana.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time